Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Lots of noise

The silence is over.

Well, my perceived silence at least. The phone rang this morning around 8 am and the dull ache in my head hasn't left yet, but I know it won't.

"I think I should go to the hospital, I need to go to the hospital, I don't think I can drive, I have to see the doctor........."

So the hospital turned into the doctor's appointment that my girl already told me last night that my mom had today.
Another day, another doctor, the same story. Are there any answers? Are they the answers she wants? Are they the answers I want? We want?
At least this doctor listened, again.

It's 9:25 pm now. The noise is still here. I've been talking on the phone about my mom for over an hour and half with my family. That interrupted the 'normal night' of being a couch potato that I was going for. Before that it was over 41 mins of talking about her with my friend, 12 mins with another friend, another 25 mins with someone who had to start with, "How's your mom?" I've got to stop talking about this, or I'll have no friends, is what I keep thinking, but how do I stop?

At dinner it was about her with my girl, it can't be avoided she's living it too. And when I'm sleeping I'll be dreaming it.
There is no rest from this. Then tomorrow will come and we'll start again. Where is my life? Is this what my life has come to? I need answers.
I need a break from the dull ache. Please shut off the noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment